1. Classic prints are the easiest to mix, especially when they are paired together. (leopard/ animal print, plaid, floral, polka dots, stripes, hounds tooth, pinstripes ect.)
2. Mix the same or a similar print in different colors.
3. Stick to a similar color scheme.
4. Try a small print with a large print.
5. Choose bold prints carefully! Make sure that you don't feel overpowered by the prints.
6. Use something to break up the look. Solid color jackets and wide belts are a great way to break up a look.
7. Bold prints look the best paired with a low key print.
8. If one of the prints looks like a solid from far away, then wear it as if it is a solid. Feel free to go crazy on the other prints.
9. Trust your instincts. If you feel your look is too much then tone it down.
10. Find a style icon for inspiration. I find Olivia Palermo to be very inspirational. She regularly mixes prints in the most chic way.