1. Don't be afraid of shopping at discount stores such as TJ Maxx or Marshalls. There have been so many times when I have found something at TJ Maxx with the original price of about $250, but on sale for only $25.
2. Know your brands.When you know your designers and brands it makes it easier to determine if the price is reasonable or not.
3. Always be on the hunt for deals. Whether I'm online looking at clothes or in stores, I always have my eyes open for sales and discounts.
4. When you are shopping, hit the sale section first.
5. Do your research. Go online and see whats on clearance before you go to the store. You never know what kinds of sales are online. Sometimes stores have online sales only.
6. If you find something you like check several other stores for this item and compare the prices.
7. If you see something that you love towards the beginning of the season, but are not satisfied with the price, wait until the end of the season and see if the price goes down.
8. Learn the times that things go on clearance. Often at the end of seasons, and around holidays is when there are some decent sales.
9. Shop often, but wisely. Shopping all the time sounds like a bad idea, but the more you go, the more deals you find. Also, after a while you begin to learn where to find the deals, which brings me to my next point.
10. Learn what stores have the best prices and sales.